Apple Distribution account is required to wrapping iOS applications for XenMobile. To obtain access to the app wrapping prerequisites for iOS, you must register for an Apple distribution account. There are two types: Enterprise and Developer. Citrix strongly recommends Enterprise accounts.
- For Enterprise accounts: You can deploy and test apps, without an App ID, on an unlimited number of devices. Distribute your Developer Certificate to your developers so they can sign apps.
- For Developer accounts: Testing is limited to 100 devices. You must specify an App ID when deploying apps.
I will show steps how to obtain Developer account for my personal and lab use, however obtaining Enterprise account for the e.g. your Company, practice is the same.
1. Head to the URL https://developer.apple.com/programs/start/standard/ and press Continue.
2. Apple ID is required to continue.
3. I would suggest to use your own personal Apple ID only for the Apple Developer account for personal use and create a new Apple ID for Apple Enterprise account.
4. Choose to enroll as an Individual or Company.
5. Fill your contact information and Continue.
6. Review your details and Continue.
7. Select your program. Both iOS and Mac Developer Programs are fine for application wrapping, I’m going to register in iOS Program.
8. Read carefully what you need to agree and press I Agree. 🙂
9. And you’re finally ready to Buy Now.
10. And you’re done! Log in to the Member Center https://developer.apple.com/membercenter/
11. You’re purchase might not show in Member Center right away, so you might need to give an another 15-30 minutes to Apple update your purchase.
12. After Apple has updated your membership, now you are able to create Certificates and Profiles needed to wrap iOS applications. I will go it thru on my next blog post!