In order to enroll and manage iOS devices with Device Manager, you need to set up and create an Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) certificate from Apple. This guide shows basic steps for requesting the APNS certificate:
– Use a Windows 2008 R2 Server and Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) to generate a certificate signing request (CSR).
– Request an APNS certificate from Apple.
– Import the certificate to XenMobile 10.
Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) by using Microsoft IIS
1. Log in to a Windows Server where IIS is installed and in the Server Certificates window, click Create Certificate Request.
2. Type the appropriate Distinguished Name (DN) information and then click Next.
3. Select Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider for the Cryptographic Service Provider and 2048 for bit length and then click Next.
4. Enter a file name and specify a location to save the CSR and then click Finish.
Submit the CSR to Citrix for signing
1. Go to the Website URL: https://xenmobiletools.citrix.com and log in using your MyCitrix credentials.
2. Follow the instructions to upload your CSR file.
3. Press Sign.
4. Download and save your Citrix Signed CSR file.
Submit the signed CSR to Apple to obtain the APNS certificate
1. Go to the Website URL: https://identity.apple.com/pushcert and log in using your Apple ID credentials.
2. Click Create a Certificate.
4. Choose your Citrix signed CSR file and Upload it.
5. Download and save APNS certificate.
Convert the .pem certificate file to the .p12 format
1. Log in back to a Windows Server where IIS is installed and in the Server Certificates window, click Complete Certificate Request. Choose the APNS certificate file and fill the details and press OK.
2. Choose APNS certificate and click Export.
3. Select place to save certification file and choose new password to import certificate into XenMobile 10 in next step.
Import an APNS certificate into XenMobile 10
1. Log in to the XenMobile Web Console. Go to the Configure -> Settings -> Certificates and choose Import to upload APNS certificate into XenMobile. Fill the details as in the fig above and press Import.
2. Press OK and you’re done!